Here are some cookies to make today for a treat!
2 sticks (1 cup) of Margarine or Butter, softened
1 cup of Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick of just old fashioned)
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together you margarine and sugars (brown and white) until they are
3. Add your eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4. Combine your flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in one bowl, mix well
and then combine it with the bowl you already have mixed. Mix this well.
5. Stir in your oats and raisins.
6. Drop by tablespoons onto and ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
8. Cool on your cookie sheet for a minute and then remove and place on your
This makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe Adapted From Quaker Oatmeal