I learned this great trick this past weekend that is just amazing!
As we boil eggs we always over boil!
If you have ever had a green ring around the yellow part of your egg that would mean it was over boiled!
This is sulfur that has formed from too much heat and if you ever notice your egg will kind of have a sulfur smell because of it.
Getting the perfect egg that is bright and yellow with no green is so easy!
This is how to do it:
- Place you water in the pot and bring to a rolling boil.
- Place your eggs in the water and cover with a lid.
- Boil your eggs for 1 minute and turn off your stove completely.
- Leave the lid on the top for ten minutes.
- Let your eggs sit in that hot boiling water.
- Doing this the heat and the steam do all the work for you and you don't have any green rings around the yolk.
- Perfect boiled eggs!