Friday, April 19, 2013

Guest Friday with Christine!

I am excited to announce my Guest today for my Invite A Guest Fridays!
This is from Christine over at I Dig Pinterest and I Did It Too!
She is letting me post here wonderful cupcake recipe that looks delicious!
Visit her today! Her blog is awesome!


The Very Best Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Filled Cupcake Option

 I'm not a big fan at all of cakes made from the box.  So whenever I make a chocolate sheet cake, I reach for my Grandma's Chocolate Buttermilk recipe.  It makes a cupcake/cake with substance...one which isn't airy and doesn't crumble and fall apart like the mixes seem to, and it's chocolatey-good to boot!

The Hostess Cupcake uses the Chocolate Buttermilk batter as a base and then adds a tasty cream cheese/chocolate chip filling, and is topped with rich chocolate buttercream frosting. It's a chocolate-lover's delight!  Next to the St. Patrick's Day Cupcake , they are some of the best cupcakes I've bitten into.



{CHOCOLATE BUTTERMILK CAKE}

2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa
2 t. soda
1 c. oil
1/2 t. salt
1 c. boiling water

For the cake base, stir together dry ingredients.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together wet ingredients (except buttermilk and boiling water).  Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
In small increments, pour boiling water and buttermilk into the mixture, alternating and mixing between.

Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 32-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 


{HOSTESS CUPCAKES FILLING}

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened, but not melted
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
dash of salt
6 oz. package chocolate chips

If making cupcakes, line muffin tins with cupcake papers and fill 2/3 full with batter.  Mix together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Add a scant spoonful of cream cheese filling on top of the batter and bake at 350 degrees for around 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


{CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING}

1/2 c. butter
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 heaping spoonfuls natural, unsweetened baking cocoa (I love Hershey's)
Add just a little milk at a time and mix until it is a creamy consistency, perfect for frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment