1. Make helping a family affair.
2. Share the wealth.
3. Teach respect for the earth.
5. Assign chores.
6. Teach teamwork.
7. Perform small acts of kindness.
8. Give your kids rose-colored glasses.
9. Don't criticize their efforts.
10. Lighten someone's load.
11. Cheer up a stranger (or a friend).
12. Do something that's above and beyond the call of duty.
13. Give thanks.
14. Be a good neighbor.
Article found at: http://www.parents.com/parenting/better-parenting/advice/14-little-ways-to-encourage-kindness/?sssdmh=dm17.646308&esrc=nwpmmdailytip011413