Do you have any turkey in your freezer?
Here is a great dish to use that leftover turkey.
This tastes so good, and all the spices make it yummy!
1 cup of Butter
3/4 cup of Chopped Onion
3/4 cup of Chopped Celery (carrots work if you don't have celery on hand)
6 cups of Bread Crumbs
1/2 tsp. Sage
1/2 tsp. Thyme
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
2 cups of Cooked Turkey
1/2 cup of Milk
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup of Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp. Butter
1. Melt your butter in a medium saucepan; add the onion and celery. Cook until they are tender.
2. Combine the bread cubes and spices. Pour the butter, celery, and onion mixture over the bread cubes and toss.
3. Put this mixture (the dressing) on the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Cut the cooked turkey into pieces and layer in on top of the dressing.
4. Mix together and milk and cream of chicken soup. Spread this over the top of the turkey.
5. Melt the 2 Tbsp. of butter and add the bread crumbs. Stir with a fork and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
*Note: You can use 2 boxes of stuffing mix in place of the bread cubes and spices.