Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rich and Chewy Chocolate Caramel Bars

Great Taste Tuesday is here and here is one of my new favorite bar recipes!
This is so delicious and the caramel just tops it off!!
Try it for yourself!!! 
This is better then almost any other bars I have tried!
(p.s. I left my camera at my aunts house and my picture is on it so be watching for pictures to come!)


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Oats
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine, melted
1 (14 oz.) bag caramels (48)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 (12 oz.) package milk chocolate chips

Directions:

In a large bowl combine the first 6 ingredients to form a crumbly mixture. Unwrap the caramels. Melt the caramels and whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat. Sprinkle half of the crumbly mixture into a greased 9x13-inch pan. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the baked mixture and top with melted caramel mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. 

Make a day ahead or several hours to allow the caramel to to set. Makes 2 dozen bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment